Full time, Bromsgrove, Hospital based
You must have a significant amount of postgraduate experience including experience of audit, development of policies/procedures and training. Excellent clinical knowledge, attention to detail and good time management are essential and you must be a registered pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council. You will need to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills, have good organisational skills, an ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will also need to be able to drive and have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, working with colleagues to help resolve medication-related issues, helping to utilise skill mix, improve patient outcomes and ensure better access to healthcare. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a safe and patient-focused clinical pharmacy service across two hospitals and outpatients.
· Sourcing and ordering drugs to support the evolving clinical modalities
· Contribute to the promotion and sharing of best practice and quality improvement in medicines safety
· Provide expertise in clinical medicines management including prescription and medication queries, implement systems for safer prescribing, deal with acute prescription requests, and medicines reconciliation.
· Assist in the implementation of procedures to reduce the risks associated with medicines including medicine reconciliation
· Support the delivery of the audit programme
· Supervise/manage technicians working in an area of the service.
· Provide highly specialised clinical pharmacy knowledge and advice on medicines management matters, including cost-effective prescribing and clinical guidelines for disease treatment
· Assist with the planning and implementing of new services
· Support the delivery of medicines management staff training programme
· Pharmacist: 2 years (preferred)
Ideally the post holder will be a qualified independent prescriber who will be required to attend CPPE training days and will be an integral part of the team.
Full-time – job share will be considered
· 40hours to be worked over 7 days to meet the business needs